Monday 25 July 2011

Flea Market Finds - Who's That Girl?

I love finding beautiful old photographs, especially of women. It's not too easy to find really striking ones, so I pounced on this stunner when I came across her at the flea market on the weekend.





I love that she was an Adelaide girl and can't help wondering what her name was. I need a name for her...any ideas? I thought for a moment about putting her into my Etsy store but very quickly realised she'd be staying with me (on my bedside table in fact). Girls like her are hard to find.


She shares the bedside table with this wee lassie from Glasgow.




She looks quite young and is a handsome sort of girl, not pretty exactly despite her elaborate blouse. I was instantly drawn to her, most probably because I lived in Glasgow for awhile in my twenties. So she and I have walked the same streets. Her name came to me easily, she's Morag.

3 comments:

  1. You do realise that you will be sucked into the vortex...and it is very difficult to get out!
    How about Maisie. I have a brilliant autobiography of a Victorian Miss call Maisie. She lived in Adelaide and rode down to Largs Pier (from Adelaide) on a bicycle and went out to a ship that was anchored. It is very interesting stuff. (doesn't sound it, but the book has historic little Adelaidian tidbits that have stayed in my mind)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maisie - I love it! Thank you for naming her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, you are so lucky to find old photos. I never seem to find them here in the UK. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete